The personal information we collect may include the following:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- social media information;
- telephone number and other contact details;
- date of birth;
- credit card or other payment information;
- information about your business or personal circumstances;
- information in connection with client surveys, questionnaires and promotions;
- order level data such as order numbers and products;
- your device identity and type, I.P. address, geo-location information, page view statistics, advertising data and standard web log information;
- information about third parties; and
- any other information provided by you to us via our website or our online presence, or otherwise required by us or provided by you.
We may collect personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, including where you:
- contact us through our website;
- receive goods or services from us, or otherwise place an order for goods through our website;
- submit any of our online sign up forms;
- communicate with us via email, telephone, SMS, social applications (such as LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter) or otherwise;
- interact with our website, social applications (including social media pages), services, content and advertising; and
- invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
We may also collect personal information from you when you use or access our website or our social media pages. This may be done through use of web analytics tools, 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies that allow us to track and analyse your website usage. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device and enable and allow the creator of the cookie to identify when you visit different websites. If you do not wish information to be stored as a cookie, you can disable cookies in your web browser.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data, including when you use third party websites or apps. To find out more see How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
Our website uses the following third party vendor tracking cookies:
- Facebook pixels; and
- Tiktok pixels.
We collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide goods, services or information to you;
- for record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to provide information about you to our contractors, employees, consultants, agents or other third parties for the purpose of providing goods or services to you;
- to improve and optimise our service offering and customer experience;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements with third parties;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing (in accordance with the Spam Act). In this regard, we may use email, SMS, social media or mail to send you direct marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by using the opt-out facility provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link);
- to send you administrative messages, reminders, notices, updates, security alerts, and other information requested by you; and
- to consider an application of employment from you.
You acknowledge and agree that we may also deal with your personal information in any other manner which is permitted by any agreement that we have in place with you, or otherwise in accordance with our other policies we have in place from time to time.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Service providers utilised by us in the provision of our services, including information technology service providers (such as web hosts and analytical providers), mailing houses and other suppliers that assist in the delivery of our goods, organisations who carry out credit and other security checks, payment processors, hosting services, content delivery services, specialist consultants and marketing businesses.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to whom you expressly ask us to send the personal information to.
We may need to disclose your information to third parties outside of Australia and service providers located internationally in order to enable us to provide our services, this includes service providers and contractors who are located overseas. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient deals with such personal information in a manner consistent with how we deal with it.
- Emails & Marketing
In order to provide our services to you, you agree to receiving emails from us for the following purposes:
- notifications about activity on our website (which are set on by default) including order updates, recommendations, and general updates;
- communication from us or our representatives in connection with our services; and
- marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you and for the purpose of direct marketing. This includes where you have signed up to our marketing or promotional newsletters.
By default you will receive these email notifications to your email address you nominate at registration
- STORAGE AND SECURITY
We use third-party cloud providers that provide hosting, data storage and other services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is secure and protected from misuse or unauthorised access. Our information technology systems are password protected, and we use a range of administrative and technical measures to protect these systems. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those linked websites and we suggest you review the privacy policies of those websites before using them.
If you wish to request access to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details set out below including your name and contact details. We may need to verify your identity before providing you with your personal information. In some cases, we may be unable to provide you with access to all your personal information and where this occurs, we will explain why. We will deal with all requests for access to personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us using the contact details set out below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the website to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide our products to you or handle your order effectively;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about the website that you may want; or
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our services may not be as enjoyable or useful.
- Notifiable data breach
In the event that there is a data breach and we are required to comply with the notification of eligible data breaches provisions in Part IIIC of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) or any other subsequent sections or legislation which supersede this Part IIIC, we will follow our relevant notifiable data breach procedures in compliance with the Privacy Act and relevant laws.
If you wish to complain about how we handle your personal information held by us, please contact us using the details set out below including your name and contact details. We will investigate your complaint promptly and respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
Hazel and Folk Designs Pty Ltd ABN 91 636 093 180